Careers at Beechdale
Garden Centre Sales Assistant at Beechdale Garden Centre
Beechdale Garden Centre, one of the South East’s finest and largest garden centres is looking for a sales assistant to join their team.
At Beechdale we are passionate about our business and we pride ourselves on customer service and quality plants and products. We wish to hire a sales assistant that prides him or herself on going the extra mile for the customers.
Garden Centre Sales Assistant required
The successful candidate will be involved in merchandising and in sales. This position offers a wide variety of work.
- Always be courteous to customers, service with a smile.
- Be alert to customers in the garden centre, watching out for customers looking for assistance
- Assist and advise customers on gardening questions they may have. (You won’t always have all the information to hand. In that situation you ask a work colleague or look it up for the customer.)
- Provide additional information and guidance to customers in their choice of garden products.
- Provide additional information with regard to the aftercare of products purchased.
- Constantly increase your product knowledge to facilitate greater self-confidence as you endeavor to better serve our customers
- Help to create a pleasant experience for our customers.
- Develop ideas to grow and improve the customer experience.
- Assist the team in their day-to-day duties, for the betterment of the Garden Centre as a whole.
- Be alert and vigilant regarding duties needing attention, by you or others, to serve customers, or make the premises, pleasing and safe, for all visitors.
- Help to keep a tidy Garden Centre, well maintained, with a full range of product presented to its best.
- Give group talks to, and write articles for, customers on topics in your area of expertise.
- Assist in the training of fellow staff members.
- Be prepared to visit other retail outlets to keep abreast of retail trends
This is only a guideline of the duties. Additional duties may arise.
In a nutshell we want a sales assistant who takes pride in their work and goes the extra mile for their customers.
- Horticulture training or experience
- Sales experience with a proven track record
- Experience in using an EPOS till system
- Friendly and courteous
- Customer focused
- Self starter capable of working on their own initiative
- A team player
- Quick learner
- Highly motivated
Desirable Skills or Experience:
- Experience in using an EPOS system (beneficial)
- A high level of computer literacy
- A keen interest in social media
- Website management experience
- Clean Full Driving Licence
Weekend work will be a requirement on a rota bases.